Thursday, February 12, 2009

The eyes have it


My cat, Vicenzo (aka Vinny the cat), loves to hang out on my desk. It gives him the opportunity to keep an eye on the backyard, monitor my work and lord over the dogs. He thinks he is the king of all he surveys.

I turned around the other day just in time to see his eyes reflecting back at me in the frame of my dogs’ photo. It’s just so perfect. Amazingly he stayed quietly in place as I ran to fetch the camera. I think he knew it would be a once in a lifetime opportunity to reign supreme. And to have it captured for posterity.

3 comments:

Vina said...

Awesome photo!!! I love how you can see Vinny's whiskers in the foreground. The picture reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this."

Pyzahn said...

Absolutely! Great quote.

Bruce Johnson said...

Its true...cats run the world....we are only their minons.