Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Rite of passage
This blogger neophyte has been tagged. And with that tag I am introduced into the fascinating world of memes. In the blogosphere, the first tag and the accompanying meme seems to be rather akin to a Bah Mitzvah. Or maybe more like an initiation. A blogging rite of passage, for sure.
The lovely Quirkyloon has asked to peer into the murky pool of my own quirkiness. I don’t know about you, but it scares me.
(NOTE: To my non-blogging friends – a “tag” is when someone calls upon you to answer certain questions. I’m still not quite clear about what the term “meme” means but it has its own Website and you can click here to see it.)
If your house was on fire and you could grab only 3 things before leaving, what would they be?
· The bottle of Pat’s Pop that I’ve been lugging with me from state to state for about 25 years.
· My Smile-on-a-Stick, because I don’t think I will have anything to be grinning about for a while.
· My sock monkey, “Rocco Socko”, cause I’ll need to see a friendly face.
Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
NOT to believe would be a violation of the Inter-Celestial Species Swap Treaty. I have been an honorary member of this peace accord for about 15 years…ever since my landlord made me peel the aluminum foil off my windows.
Do you believe in ghosts?
I would say I believe more in spirits…and wood nymphs, leprechauns and the boogie man.
What do you value most in life?
The ability to breathe. I wouldn’t get far without it.
What do you think is the greatest invention in your lifetime and why?
The Brillo Pad. Have you ever tried to clean your dirty stove burners with a computer?
What do you think is the secret to a good life?
Flossing regularly. Everything else just falls into place.
What would be your dream job?
If you read my earlier posting, you will see that I think Paul Shaffer (of the David Letterman Show) has the best job in the world. It’s not about Paul, it’s the job!
If you could have three wishes granted, what would they be?
· To eat anything I want without gaining weight or clogging my arteries.
· To spend a week at George Clooney’s villa in northern Italy. And, yes, George needs to be there. All other details are to remain private.
· To have the same nimble, toned, flexible body along with the coordination and grace of any one of the normal sized ladies who perform in Cirque du Soleil. Can you imagine the possibilities? (See bullet above.)
If you HAD to change your name, what would you change it to?
Well, I rather like my porn name (you know that formula): Rusty Ridge