Thursday, July 16, 2009

Mid-season review

It's that time of year when garden's all across the flatlands -- and much of the U.S. -- are coming into their full glory. When the heat finally kicked in here, botanical life started accelerating and color began to sizzle.

It seems like a good time to do a mid point walk through.

Inspired by fellow blogger, Kathleen, who is having great fun with her new camera and turning out creative close up shots, I decided to capture my lovelies in the same manner.

Here's a photo review.


Mmmm, tomatoes. Either fried green, or caprese salad when they are red.


Fancy foliage geranium, whose real name I cannot remember.


Lovely, large sunflower with bumble bee.


Not a coleus, a Perilla, member of the mint family, but not edible.


Viburnum berries, soon to be a feast for the birds.


Fuzzy begonia, probably a member of the Rex family.


St. Francis with a Niko blue hydrangea.

I hope your garden is alive with color and producing a bounty. If not, stop by a farmer's market and support your local growers.



.........................................

16 comments:

drollgirl said...

what beautiful pictures!!!

i am mad for tomatoes after hating them most of my life. now i cannot get enough of them. YUM!!!

Awesome Sara said...

amazing!!! the colors are awesome!!!

Nancy said...

These photos were so beautiful! I love them all - great camera.

Lindy said...

Beautiful garden. I especially like the hydrangeas flanking St. Francis.

T said...

Lovely Lovely photos, all of them.

Kathleen said...

Aw, you're so nice. Thanks for the shout out. And (1) what a gorgeous garden and (2) what lovely compositions! Liking that macro feature? Isn't it THE best!!!???

I do have a personal favorite: St. Francis, of course.We'

Brava to you, Pyzahn!

I'm all for camera fun!!! w00t!

Unseen India Tours said...

Lovely and beautiful..The colors are fantastic..Great.Unseen Rajasthan

Silver said...

Absolutely gorgeous pictures!

Love your post of "To bed, penchance to sleep".

I am so with you, girl.

Cormac Brown said...

That is wonderful, though Saint Francis is looking kinda mossy.

GYPSYWOMAN said...

thanks SO much for sharing the beauty of your gardens - your plants are beautiful as are your images!

Rosaria Williams said...

Lovely photos, and a great reminder of what summer is with lovely produce, glorious flowers, and color, color, color everywhere.

Rudee said...

I adore Insalata Caprese. What time is dinner?

Lori ann said...

That was great! I loved the tour and your photos were really lovely.

caprese is one of my favorites, Oh I need to plant some tomatoes oh basil!!

Blueberry said...

I miss the midwestern tomatoes - one of the things I have to live without down here (ours are inferior). My only solace is that I've been diagnosed as allergic to tomatoes - not that it would stop me from enjoying the home-grown variety.

Jo said...

Love the pics. I have been looking for a St. Francis for my garden and cant get one anywhere.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Your garden is beautiful! My garden is looking so sad and neglected these past few weeks. Next week she'll get some much needed sprucing up.